Saturday, November 10, 2007

Autumn in Korea


One of the things that Koreans are most proud of is their four distinct seasons. I've only experienced a few weeks of the hot and muggy summer weather, but am fully enjoying Autumn. And, I must say that Koreans do have a lot to be proud of--Fall is amazing here! (Much like PA Falls- I still remain PA-loyal.)

Fall in Korea means fresh persimmons, apples, korean pears, big blue skies, gorgeous foliage and the best hiking weather possible! Yesterday morning I hiked the easiest, lowest trail in Kwangju. Even it had a lovely view!

My students informed me that Korea is 60 percent mountains, hence, there are lots of hiking trails. I have yet to meet a student that doesn't like hiking. I'm sure they're out there, but I probably won't meet them in the Fall season.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb7472 said...

Hi Michelle.. My son is stationed at Camp Carroll in Waegwan. So I am interested in your comments from a civilians perspective.

I am Barb, I live in Wisconsin, so I know what you mean about beautiful autumns. We don't have any mountains in Wisconsin, but we do have the beautiful autumn foilage.
I work as an educational assistant at a middle school, it sounds like you are a teacher, so I am interested in that as well. I would love to hear your comments on South Korea as a teacher and civilian!

Barb

November 11, 2007 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Barb, I will soon write about education again and will comment more on civilian life. Happy Holidays!

December 13, 2007 at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home