Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back to the Daily Grind

The past couple days have been soo busy (hence, no time for blogging). I had a great time over the holiday, but came back to a FULL plate at the institute. On Friday I had classes as normal and presented a 25 minute talk on Emotional Health in the evening.

This was my first time presenting to a large group in public. I've of course made mini-presenations at work and in college, but I was still a bit nervous. But, I got through it and will keep on improving each time I do it. I think this aspect of the job will be very helpful to me in the long-run.

Here are a couple photos of my Chuseok vacation. On a side note, the traffic hype was just that-hype. The traffic was nowhere CLOSE to East Coast Thanksgiving traffic.








Traditional Korean performers at Neverland.




Me eating Songpyeon!



Part of a traditional Chuseok Meal-- (clockwise) The top dish is Dduk, a Korean desert filled with black beans. The second dish is Songpyeon (see my last blog), and the last dish is bu chim gae, my favorite out of the group.

3 Comments:

Blogger jbwhong said...

Dduk is not always a dessert - the ones filled with beans are... but they're a special kind of dduk... I forget what they are called. (I just called them dduk with beans) You can get dduk in a soup (dduk guk) or in a soup with won tons (dduk mandu guk).

The jack-o-lanterns were pretty cool!

October 1, 2007 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Nisha said...

Hi Bernard!! How are you? Your blogs are so informative but how can i get some one-on-one chats? What network do i have to join? I'm on Facebook.

October 7, 2007 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh.. i've only had dduk as desert.. good to know. have you had mondu? i've fallen in love!!!

October 8, 2007 at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home