Monday, October 22, 2007

My first Korean "Celebrity" Sighting

Lee Myung-bak and I

One of the things I miss most about life in America is following the Presidential Campaign. Yes, I know, I know, but i really do miss it! (Living in Washington D.C. for several years can skew your interests.) Of course I can read about it on the online papers, but it isn't the same as being right there.

However, now I'm starting to get interested in Korean politics. Admittedly, I really know nothing on the topic besides the very basics.. (the General Election will occur in December, the recent primary election had a low turnout, etc.) But, yesterday I got lucky and saw Lee Myun Bak, the Grand National Party Candidate, at a local restaurant.

I was eating with a fellow teacher and noticed a HUGE amount of Korean Secret Service Agents (or their counterparts) and decided to find out what was going on. I randomly chose one of the staffers to talk to, who ended up being a communications staffer, and was able to arrange a quick photo.

Yes, this reveals my dorkniness, but YEAH! I may have met the future South Korean President. It's interesting how something slight can spark your interest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to see that you have been able to keep your political obsession I mean interest alive while in Korea. The food and other adventures sound like lots of fun too!

Andrew

November 1, 2007 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

That is awesome. I love it. :) That is definitely something not just any American can say. :)

December 18, 2007 at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home